Sam has a mild obsession with birthday parties. It started last October when we had Joey's party and then into December when we celebrated Josh's birthday. On Christmas Day we had a birthday party for Jesus and he cried because he wanted us to sing happy birthday to Sam, not Jesus. So you can imagine his excitement when his big day finally arrived. He had a permanent grin on his face the WHOLE day. It was seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen!
The morning of his birthday, I called down the hall to tell him it was time to wake up. I heard nothing. Then I said "Where's my birthday boy?" and I heard an excited "What?!?!" He jumped out of his bed and came running out of his room and was surprised by the balloons outside his door. As he was putting his coat and shoes on he said "Oh, I forgot my birthday hat!" Several months back, I made him a birthday crown to match one from one of his favorite books, "Barney's Hats". He wore the hat all day at daycare and then when we went out to eat that night. After we ate, we had cupcakes and he opened his gifts -- a workbench for his tools, a cowboy hat and light-up Toy Story cowboy boots.
This past weekend we celebrated once again with family and friends with a party at our house. Sam and Joey both had fun playing with their cousins and seeing their aunt, uncle, grandma and papa. Here are some pictures from the festivities.
Sam's Favorite Things
Sport: Hockey
Book: Big Brother, Little Brother
Food: Nutri-Grain Bars
Characters: Woody & Bullseye
Toy: Any type of ball, tools
Activities: Playing any sport, "fixing" things with his tools, Kindermusik class and gymnastics
Song: You are My Sunshine
Idol: His big brother!!

1 comment:
Your boys are so cute and full of expression! They just seem to happy and full of life. I know you have something to do with that. I love how you listed Sams favorite things at the end. What a cute memory keepsake!
Post a Comment