Sunday, October 10, 2010

10K

This weekend I completed my first race! Josh and I ran the 10k (6.2 miles) together. After watching Josh train and complete the marathon last spring, I was motivated to give it a try... on a slightly smaller scale. About 2 months ago, I started training 3 times a week and to my surprise, I actually enjoy running. I was a little disappointed with my time because I know I could've pushed myself a little harder but now I know what to expect so hopefully I can keep improving. Josh ran with me the whole time, which I appreciated so much. He kept pushing me... without being pushy! I know he could've finished with a much better time but he insisted on sticking by me which is one of the many things I love about him.

The race itself was so much fun. I am always so motivated to see so many people of all shapes, sizes and ages who are out there giving it their all. During my training, I mostly ran on a treadmill so I wasn't prepared for the hills (yes, we do have hills here)... so it was much harder than I thought it would be but it felt so good to cross that finish line!

No comments: