Last weekend Joey came down with a nasty virus. On Saturday afternoon he said his throat hurt and he was really tired. By Saturday night, he had a temp of 105! On Sunday, all he wanted to do is lay on the couch... poor little guy. I took him to the walk-in because I thought for sure it was strep but his culture came back negative so it's probably just a virus that needs to run its course. Luckily he seems to be on the mend so we're hoping, by some miracle, Sam does not get whatever Joey had.
Now comes the part about the "mommy guilt"... I had a business trip scheduled for this week so when I told Joey I had to leave on an airplane to go to work on Monday, he got really sad and said "but if you're in California, I won't have a mommy to take care of me"... then "but mommy, I am going to be so sad when you are gone because I just love you so much"... can you see where the "mommy guilt" is coming from? How does a parent NOT feel guilty after hearing that? Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who is an even more amazing father... so while I still feel guilty about having to be away from my boys, I know they are in good hands with their daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment